Information reported by individuals and/or by professional practitioners about the use of Hemi-Sync® Products.
- As a psychotherapist and Doctor of Clinical Hypnotherapy, I have spent the majority of my life studying the science of the mind and how best to help people. I have a number of hypnosis tapes, but they do not have your Hemi-Sync technology. I’ve found your tapes to be truly magnificent.
- Report from a psychiatrist. I used the tape Concentration for patients with depressive syndrome, especially those with memory difficulties and whose ability to concentrate was diminished due to depression. They all had problems with concentration, attention-to-task deficit, lack of short-term memory, and felt unable to perform mental tasks as well as they had previously. These symptoms were present whether or not the patients were taking medication.
The patients liked this new approach, and reported improvement of their ability to concentrate during test preparation and other cognitive tasks, better short-term memory, greater interest in their studies, and an ability to sustain attention for longer periods than was previously possible.
- Report from a psychologist. The patient was experiencing intense anxiety about an upcoming MRI test, which involves the person remaining motionless inside a very cramped tube for hours as the machine takes pictures of the brain. Anesthesia cannot be used for this procedure. The medical team reported that no one who was even moderately claustrophobic had ever completed the MRI test. After three weeks of working with the H+ tapes Relax, Let Go and Off-Loading and the Mind Food tapes Energy Walk and Morning Exercise, the day for the MRI test came. She was successful and entered into a very relaxed state and eventually went to sleep during the three-hour procedure.
- As a psychotherapist and Doctor of Clinical Hypnotherapy, I have spent the majority of my life studying the science of the mind and how best to help people. I have a number of hypnosis tapes, but they do not have your Hemi-Sync® technology. I’ve found your tapes to be truly magnificent.
- Report from a clinical psychologist. In general, Hemi-Sync increases the all-important rapport with the client, a client’s dream content and recall, and a client’s memory, especially repressed memories. Concentration is generally useful for “pulling people together,” and Catnapper is great for PMS, general anxiety, and individuals suffering from jet lag.
- The patient, ready for release from the hospital’s psychiatric service, reported apprehension about his discharge. He was given H+ Relax to use at home. He reported that he was now able to relax and even sleep well for the first time in a number of years.
Previously, this patient had other forms of non-pharmaceutical intervention like biofeedback, progressive relaxation, guided imagery, etc. Only Hemi-Sync, however, appeared to produce the desired results.
- A client reported to his psychiatrist, “The tapes have proved exceptionally useful in enabling me to attain and sustain a dreamlike state in which I have been able to visualize and verbalize images and thoughts I do not have contact with at the fully conscious level.”
- Report from a psychologist at an institution for the severely and profoundly retarded. S. is 35 years old, with frequent self-destructive outbursts requiring physical restraint. The use of the Deep 10 Relaxation tape in combination with therapy produced dramatic, positive changes after six or seven sessions. She went from disliking the staff to liking them and allowing them to help her. She progressed from a totally negative self-concept to saying things like, “I feel alive,” and “I’m so happy.” She reported better sleep and feeling more relaxed, and began to show a sense of humor. The tantrum behavior stopped except for one episode when another patient was, in fact, picking on her. Her thorazine medication was greatly reduced. She is now living in a group home, working in a sheltered workshop, continues to use the tape, and has not had a single outburst since she left the institution.
- Report from a clinical hypnotist: A 40-year-old woman had undergone two cancer operations, was in a very depressed state, weak, suffering from bad pain, had no desire to live. She was under medical and psychiatric care. I used the Hemi-Sync Surf tape [that reminded her of a nice holiday in Spain] to bring her into a hypnotic state, and let the pattern sink into her subconscious levels. After three weeks I had to go abroad and left her with a Hemi-Sync tape. On my return she had recovered nearly completely, went shopping again, and there was hardly any pain left.
- Report from a psychologist. While an individual is clinically depressed, I avoid the H+ tapes because they require active participation and concentration. Instead I provide patients with Metamusic tapes. Many depressed clients report that this flowing, quiet music, with relaxing, balancing sound signals embedded in it, provides them with strong temporary relief and consolation, and gradually helps in lifting their depression.
- I regularly use Hemi-Sync tapes for training patients to achieve more easily the Alpha and Theta states which are useful in Behavioral Psychotherapy through the process of “reciprocal inhibition.” These brain wave states inhibit the presence of anxiety. A variety of different Metamusic tapes are provided to the patient to avoid any boredom that might develop from listening to the very same tape on each and every occasion.
- Hemi-Sync appeared to provide the high-energy coherent state that enabled the client to maintain a great degree of self-awareness, even while in the throes of releasing old thought forms and habits.
- I find that, for clients, use of Hemi-Sync: a) reduces stress immediately, allowing the mind to focus on work to be done in the session; b) often provides a new experience for the client; c) begins to orient the mind to giving pleasure to the entire organism; d) provokes thinking of new means of relaxation; e) gives the mind a reference point for re-creating the whole-brain state; f) gives the mind permission to talk about inner, primary learning system behavior; g) evens out emotional highs and lows. As one client states, it brings him to a centeredness in which he can be more objective about himself. Without this centeredness, there seems to be a tendency to focus on negatives; h) begins the development of an effective attitude for problem solving and creative adventure.
- Frequently I notice an interesting and surprising reaction to an introductory discussion with a client about Hemi-Sync. They often respond with what seems to be a newly found excitement, hope, or anticipation. In following conversations, they describe these initial responses as the point at which they consciously began to feel relief from the psychoemotional pain they are experiencing, and the lessening of superfluous mental chatter.
- My interest in the use of Hemi-Sync tapes with patients with severe personality disorders is connected to my efforts to find effective treatment modalities to add to our present armamentarium for severe personality and psychotic disorders. It has been my pleasure to find that the Hemi-Sync tape Concentration has been especially helpful with patients with schizoid personality tendencies, as well as, in a more general sense, individuals having difficulties with assertiveness and self-confidence. The tapes have been used in conjunction with psychodynamic psychotherapy and, if necessary, psychotropic medications to help maintain functioning in the community, and/or relieve excessive distress.
- Patient with multiple anxiety related symptoms: Regular use of Hemi-Sync tapes for training the patient to achieve more easily the Alpha and Theta states which are useful in Behavioral Psychotherapy through the process of “Reciprocal Inhibition,” wherein these brain wave states inhibit the presence of anxiety. A variety of different Metamusic tapes are provided to the patient to avoid any boredom that might develop from listening to the very same tape on each and every occasion. The Hemi-Sync tapes reduced the patient’s generalized anxiety level very quickly, and qualitatively better than did the psychotropic drugs he had been taking. The most logical interpretation is that these tapes very definitely and quickly help the mind-body unity to return much closer to homeostasis, the ideal state of mental and physical equilibrium.