Information reported by individuals and/or by professional practitioners about the use of Hemi-Sync® Products.
- Now in her 40s and in a wheel chair, she had had the first of a series of strokes at age 25. I was treating her for depressive disorder, which included frequent, uncontrollable weeping. During one session I put on a Metamusic tape. The tears stopped and she became calmer almost immediately. After we talked about the experience, she asked for a tape of her own to play whenever she felt the need. She recognized that she had found a tool to use to help herself.
- Report from a psychiatrist. I used the tape Concentration on patients with depressive syndrome, especially those with memory difficulties and whose ability to concentrate was diminished due to depression. They all had problems with concentration, attention-to-task deficit, lack of short-term memory, and felt unable to perform mental tasks as well as they had previously. These symptoms were present whether or not the patients were taking medication.
- The patients liked this new approach, and reported improvement of their ability to concentrate during test preparation and other cognitive tasks, better short-term memory, greater interest in their studies, and an ability to sustain attention for longer periods than was previously possible.
- Report from a psychologist. While an individual is clinically depressed, I provide Metamusic tapes. Many depressed clients report that this flowing, quiet music, with relaxing, balancing sound signals embedded in it provides them with strong temporary relief and consolation, and gradually helps in lifting their depression.
- A minor stroke left me feeling very depressed about the reduction of my physical capacities. I sensed myself going into a downward spiral as I contemplated the limitations I now had to live with. I started using H+ Off-Loading and Eight Great to focus on the positive, to reinforce my enjoyment of the things I was still able to do. The depression is gone and, an unanticipated bonus, I find myself able to do more and more.
- After a life-long history of cyclical depression going back as far as I can remember, I’ve been free of depression for five years. Five years ago I discovered Hemi-Sync. Is the timing a coincidence? I can’t say for sure. All I know is that I began working intensively with the H+ tapes Let Go, Eight Great, Off-Loading and Mobius West. I listened to the tapes only for a short while and used the Function Commands regularly and often. After some months my use of the Function Commands tapered off. I just stopped remembering to “do something about my depressions” because the need was no longer there. It used to be that, between depressions, I lived in dread of the next one. After so many years, I had come to think a “next one” was inevitable. That dread is gone. I still use the Function Commands when I happen to think about it, which is only occasionally.
- There’s been no reason for me to see a psychiatrist, so I haven’t had the opportunity to get a professional explanation for the dramatic relief. I have my own hunch, though; that the synchronizing of the two hemispheres brought about lasting physiological change in my brain. Maybe the Hemi-Sync sound frequencies “fixed” some neural connections that used to go haywire on a regular basis. Maybe it was the helpful verbal instructions on the tapes. But really, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that I function like a normal person.
- I have suffered with clinical depression on and off for over 15 years. Although medication does keep the most disabling symptoms in check, it always seemed to me that I could do something more for myself. Since I’ve been using your Hemi-Sync tapes, I feel like I have found that “missing link!” The Morning Exercise and Eight Great tapes help to build and reinforce a positive attitude for me. I listen to the Remembrance tape whenever I need a boost either at work or when arriving home after a long day. It really nurtures my spirit! Whenever I have difficulty getting the sleep I need, Sleeping Through the Rain eases me into a peaceful frame of mind, and I always fall into a restful sleep with it.