Poor memory or memory loss is generally observed with aging. People suffering from poor memory retention could be improved to a great extent following a suitable diet. It is also related to slow learning and low levels of concentration that may arise due to different physiological disorders. There may be transient memory loss with the aged persons. Poor memory condition is generally attributed to the under performance of the brain cells due to aging. One should also not ignore the harmful effects of the excess intake of carbohydrate and sugar in regular diet. Memory loss needs to be diagnosed correctly before resorting to any treatment.
The commonly observed symptoms of poor memory are as follows.
2. Restless in activities
3. Poor concentration levels.
There are varied causes for poor memory, which can be listed as follows.
1. Epileptic attacks
2. Intoxication caused due to alcoholism
4. Alzheimer’s disease
6. Hypothyroid conditions
7. Too much stress and anxiety in daily life
8. High blood sugar conditions
9. Hormonal fluctuations during menopause
10. Brain fatigue, insufficient sleep.
Diet That Improves Memory
Diet plays an important role in memory enhancement and much of the poor memory conditions can be rectified through dietary modifications. Many resort to herbal treatments taking herbal teas or concoctions regularly. Herbs no doubt play a significant role in memory retention. Diet to improve memory must be followed regularly taking the right food in right proportions according to the age.
1. Diet rich in proteins and antioxidants is ideal to enhance memory. Researches revealed that the chemical Choline is essential for the normal development of brain, and it is present in most protein rich food items. A protein rich diet, known as Atkins diet can help in improving memory considerably. Milk, eggs and nuts contain good amounts of Choline and should be included in the regular diet.
2. Deficiency of iron or anemic conditions is responsible for poor memory in women. Iron rich food like green vegetables, egg yolk and red meat should be taken to make up the iron deficiency.
3. Food containing essential fatty acids like omega-3 fatty acids help in improving memory. Fresh water fish and sea fish like salmon, tuna and sardine, are beneficial for brain.
4. Colored fruits and vegetables and food containing Vitamin C and E are rich in anti-oxidants. People suffering from poor memory must include good amounts of papaya, carrots, banana, bell pepper and other greens in their diet.
5. Magnesium deficiency can give rise to poor memory conditions. Food like spinach and broccoli are rich in magnesium and help in improving memory and learning ability in old and young.
6. Herbal supplements such as Brain O Brain capsules work amazingly well in enhancing memory and learning ability in old and young. It is a safe herbal remedy for improving memory and concentration.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ryan_Mutt